Experience true memory freedom
TrueNAS CORE is the Community Edition of the TrueNAS Open Storage OS and the successor to FreeNAS. CORE is suitable for businesses and yet completely free.
It is based on the powerful OpenZFS file system to keep data safe while providing block, file, and object storage over a network for backing up and sharing files, serving media, and many other data storage applications.
With over ten million downloads and one million deployments, TrueNAS CORE is the world’s most popular software-defined storage.
– Installed on x64 hardware, VM or public cloud
– Block, file, object storage
– Completely free and open source
– Self-healing OpenZFS file system protects data
– Easy to use user interface
– Integrated RAID Protection & Volume Manager
– Unlimited snapshots and clones
– Data compression and thick / thin delivery
– LDAP and Active Directory integration
– Plugins enable advanced functions (media server etc.)
– Uses DRAM & Flash for performance
– Community supported